Oak Park-River Forest Area - West Suburban Temple Har Zion
Located just 9 miles west of downtown Chicago, the communities of Oak Park/River Forest are known for tree lined streets and a green and peaceful ambiance. Oak Park/River Forest maintains a small town main-street feeling with block parties, family activities, a small theater, as well as a rapidly developing downtown area surrounding Lake Street, with shops, gourmet restaurants, and micro-breweries….
Why move to Oak Park/ River Forest?
- Home to some of the top schools in the country.
- Oak Park schools ranks 3rd in the nation.
- River Forest is home to a Blue Ribbon school (national designation).
- Oak Park River Forest High School is one of the Top 20 High Schools in the Chicago suburbs
Oak Park is one of the most attractive, interesting, diverse, and vibrant neighborhoods in the Chicago area.
- Voted one of the ten best neighborhoods in the country to live
- Home of Frank Lloyd Wright, Oak Park has beautiful houses and architecture. There are more Frank Lloyd Wright houses than any other town or city in the world. The historic neighborhood is a living museum where tourists walk the streets all year round to see the beautiful homes.
- Oak Park/ River Forest has an exciting history and a unique character. Many famed Chicagoans have lived here from Ernest Hemingway, Percy Julian, and Dan Castellaneta, to the infamous mafiosos in River Forest.
Excellent public transportation– Downtown Chicago is just a 20-25 minute ride away. The Green Line delivers you nearly to the front doors of, the Art Institute, the Symphony, and Millennium Park/Grant Park. On a good traffic day, Downtown can be just a 15 minute drive by expressway (Eisenhower).
West Suburban Temple Har Zion (WSTHZ) is a warm and welcoming synagogue with deep roots, growing under the spiritual leadership of our young new Rabbi, Adir Glick. We have both a thriving preschool and a religious school. WSTHZ strives to provide for the religious and cultural Jewish needs of our eclectic congregation. We will joyfully welcome you to visit or make us your home.
Please browse our website to find out more! Or email or call us – we are here for you!